McKay Drilling is a leading WA based drilling company specialising in Diamond, Reverse Circulation Drilling.
We are currently seeking an experienced Workshop Supervisor.
This role is responsible for coordinating the workshop activities so that all resources are aligned with the business priorities and work plans. This will involve managing workshop maintenance personnel and resources to complete scheduled and breakdown work on time, with minimum disruption to the operating fleet.
The successful candidate will be responsible for completing estimates of job requirements including labour, parts and costs during the initial scoping stage of a project through the Pronto System.
Close coordination with the Purchasing and Stores Department will be required to ensure parts and consumables are available to the workshop floor staff to minimise downtime and maximise productive workshop operations.
The successful candidate will perform the work on the Company’s Assets in a safe, planned and effective manner. As a critical team member, you will work collaboratively with the Fleet and Asset Manager, ensuring planning priorities are achieved, and cost over-runs are minimal.
- Coordinate the activities of workshop maintenance personnel to align with priorities;
- Hold pre-start meetings each day before the shift.
- Supervise workshop personnel with a focus on safety and efficiency;
- Schedule, plan and coordinate major equipment refurbishments;
- Hold workshop personnel accountable for safety, quality and alignment to plan;
- Track repairs and maintenance on the Pronto work-order system;
- Work with the purchasing staff to ensure the required parts and consumables are ordered to enable efficient workshop operations;
- Manage contractor tradesman ensuring alignment to McKay drilling safety standards and work practices;
- Provide equipment troubleshooting support to maintenance personnel to minimise fleet downtime;
- Visit key field locations on an Adhoc basis to demonstrate leadership and understand customer requirements.
This is a Perth based role with field travel as required within Australia.
- Solid experience as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic;
- Experience working with RC, Diamond drill rigs will be highly regarded;
- Professional approach;
- Strong analytical thinking;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Trade qualification in mechanical or diesel fitting;
- Post-trade qualifications in hydraulics and auto electrical fundamentals;
- Drivers Licence (current);
- Experience in PRONTO Maintenance Systems will be an advantage.
Shortlisting will commence immediately, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
Your application will include the following questions:
- What’s your expected hourly rate?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver’s licence?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a leading hand?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?