We are seeking applications for Diamond Drillers for immediate start for long term projects. You will have the motivation to build your drilling career and a willingness to uphold and practice McKay Drilling’s values for safety and performance.
The successful candidates will demonstrate a proven ability to run a diamond drill crew. Experience drilling in a wide range of conditions and methods including but not limited to shallow triple tube, deep hole wedging and directional will be highly regarded.
- Full time position working with Major mining clients;
- Rewarding pay;
- On the job training and mentoring;
- Nationally Accredited Drilling certification;
- Structured career pathway with high growth potential;
- 24/7 employee support services;
- Industry leading technology and equipment.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is a FIFO role on a 2/1 roster from Perth. You will be working as part of a small team on 12 hour shifts.
- Manage the daily performance of a drill crew;
- Maintain clean and safe work site and equipment;
- Provide the conduit between McKay Drilling management and Client site-based representatives to ensure alignment to program objectives and expectations;
- Maximise core recovery and monitor hole direction targets;
- Select appropriate barrel configurations and employ appropriate drilling methods to achieve the best outcome for our client’s needs;
- Trouble shoot complex down hole problems and implement solutions;
- Plan and complete preventative maintenance to maximise equipment production;
- Ensure personal and crew compliance with Company WHS regulations and site-specific rules.
- Provide guidance and training to Drillers assistants and Trainee drillers.
- Identify system, process and equipment innovation and improvement opportunity’s and provide feedback to management.
Service focused with a professional approach and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. With excellent attention to detail, organisation and time management skills, you will be able to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner. Additionally, you will have a proven ability to work in a physically demanding role under pressure and manage a small team.
- Perth based FIFO roster 2/1;
- 12-hour days;
- HR Drivers’ License;
- National police clearance;
- Able to pass a role specific medical and drug and alcohol screening.
Please note: Applicants MUST be physically fit and will be are required to pass a pre-employment medical and regular drug and alcohol screening. Only Perth based applications with a current HR licence will be considered.
Please note: Candidates that do not meet the essential requirements will not be considered.
Shortlisting will commence immediately and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
McKay Drilling would like to encourage Indigenous and Female applicants to apply.