McKay Drilling is an industry-leading WA based and operated drilling company located in Wangara. We are seeking a Permanent Full Time Auto Electrician.
The successful candidates will perform the work on the Company’s assets in a safe, planned and effective manner. As a key team member, you will work collaboratively with the Maintenance and Operations departments.
- Working on Heavy Mobile Equipment;
- Breakdown and fault diagnostic experience.
- Installation of components.
- Air Conditioning experience/licence with good diagnosis skills would be preferred.
- Ensure safe working practises and good housekeeping;
- Work independently as well as part of the maintenance team;
- Liaise with workshop personnel to complete tasks;
- Field service experience;
- Be self-motivated, proactive and express a positive attitude;
- Work unsupervised and adhere to WHS&T requirements.
This is a FIFO role, ex Perth on a 2 week on 1 week off roster. You will be working 12-hour days, based on both exploration and mine sites.
Experience working with the below machinery would be preferred.
- Drill rigs (Schramm ,UDR and BoartLongyear);
- Hurricane Boosters;
- Sullair compressors;
- Various shutdown and safety systems;
- PLC controlled equipment.
- CANBUS system experience
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Certificate III Auto Electrician Trade;
- Possess a C Driver licence;
- Experience in performing auto electrical and air condition repairs on Drilling Equipment;
- Previous experience working in workshop and field service environment;
- Excellent organisation and communication skills;
- Willing to improve and add knowledge to the team;
- Current police clearance;
- Candidate must be able to pass a McKay Drilling pre-employment medical in addition to any legislatively required or Client based medicals and/or clearance.
McKay Drilling is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Please Note: Candidates who do not meet the essential selection criteria will NOT be considered for this position. Shortlisting will commence immediately, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.